Early in the selling process the goal is to find out as much as you can about the decision maker as well as the business. Finding out about the decision maker involves establishing and building a relationship.
What about the business?
What key questions can I ask to uncover potential gaps or current issues?
Here are five key questions to ask when Identifying a Need or Uncovering a Gap.
- How is your business functioning currently overall?
- What current issues or concerns do you have?
- If you could change one thing in your business, what would it be?
- Is there anything with respect to the business that is keeping you
up at night?
- Is there anything holding your business, or your team, back from
being as successful as they can be?
Ask good open ended questions and then listen and take notes.
This will help you better prepare to meet your potential client’s needs.
If you’d like more clarity on any of these questions, Let’s Chat!